What are you doing special for your Wife?
As many dedicated husbands like myself know “Happy Wife, Happy Life”! Here are some ways I found to treat my wife special on Valentine’s Day and any other time of the year. 10 sure fire ways to make sure your wife knows how much you love her. Some might ask why this is so important. Ephesians I believe says it best.
Ephesians 5:25-28 says it best, “ Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. 28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.” (ESV) Verse 28 really sends it home for me as a husband,.
Rub her feet, her back, wherever she always craves to receive a massage. Don’t just give here a basic massage, truly treat her with candles and some special lotion or oils. This is the one day out of the year just dedicated to LOVE so pull out the stops. If she has a favorite lotion, try to get that specific lotion for her.
2. Dinner: Make sure she doesn’t have to plan the food. Just taking the pressure off her for having to pick the food or cook the food will help her relax. Make it extra special by creating a culinary cuisine that will really tease her taste buds. If you’re not that good at cooking then pick up her favorite take out. Again don’t skimp on dinner whether you make it or pick it up. If you can prepare the table with the nice dishes and some candles to set the mood of a romantic dinner.
3. Notes: leave her little notes to find through the night or day telling her of your love. If you write poems you can leave these as well.
4. Chick Flick: Okay so how many guys want to watch a chick flick. Okay well mostly there is probably just me, but today on Valentine’s Day, let her pick the movie. If it’s a chick flick watch it with her and DON’T COMPLAIN. Remember that no complaining today.
5. Dessert: If you don’t know it now, find out what her favorite dessert is. Bring home her favorite dessert, but make it elaborate. If she likes ice cream sundaes, go all out with her favorite toppings (elegant preparation, NOT quantity), if she just wants a brownie maybe make/cut it into a heart. Make it special.
6. Time Out: If possible take off from all possible distractions from the day if you can. Turn off your phone, stop thinking about the bills, the school
work you have to finish, the work left undone at your job, the friends, the family, take a complete break and focus on her.
7. Flowers: Most women love to receive flowers. Now take it from me, you don’t need a special occasion to give your wife flowers, but on Valentine’s make sure you plan for some flowers. VITAL TO FLOWERS: Put in effort in buying the flowers, don’t just pick them out from the Kwik Trip flower spot. Pick out her favorites from a nice florist or a grocery store that provides nice flowers. Make it count, not just the half hearted effort, they know!
8. Bath: No this isn’t for you… Clean up the bathtub area and prepare some candles, flower petals, and some special bath bubbles or soap. Give her the bath she has been aching for the last several weeks. Give her some alone time, or take a nice bath/shower with her if she desires. If you bathe together providing her with more gentle massaging. Baths & showers are great opportunity for sensual shoulder, leg or back rubs.
9. Chores: OH NO! I am not suggesting that you make her do chores. I am suggesting that you take over some of the daily chores like washing dishes and cleaning up after eating. Give her a little break. I know you may feel the desire for a break as well, but show her YOUR love by taking the small burden of simple chores like this. Another option is sharing the burden and to do them together (playing when doing dishes can be A LOT of fun).
10. SPOILED: This is the most important of them all. Just SPOIL her. Treat her likE the Queen she really is. If you want your wife to know you love her, make sure you don’t just do it half way. Do the simple things to, make sure you open doors for her if you go anywhere. Give her your jacket if she is getting a little chilly, be chivalrous and a gentleman. Every little thing you do adds up and makes you the knight and shining armor she is looking for.
But women now your time to weigh in?
What do you find to be the sweetest thing that your husband has done for you?