I may not have a huge garden (10 ft x 20 ft), but all garden soil need tender loving care and attention. I would say there is 5 main points that we should consider in preparing the soil. Not taking any consideration into the fact that Minnesota has temporarily returned to a cold tundra, blechh!
Today is definitely an exciting day for me, I keep up with all sorts of financial and frugal blogs across the country and beyond and today I cannot believe that I was actually featured in the Canadian Budget Binder Saturday Weekend Review.
Frugal Dad of Daughter is featured in his M.A.D. feature! You can check out the Frugal Dad of Daughter Making a Difference section here.
What does it mean to get M.A.D.?
Are you a personal finance blogger interested in networking and sharing what your blog is about? Then why haven’t you contacted Mr CBB yet?
Mr CBB has so kindly taken to spending time offering the Making a Difference series featuring personal finance bloggers for some time now. If you are featured in the Making a Difference series it only requires 200 words written in regard to who you are, what your blog is about, and how to make a difference to your readers.
So what are you waiting for contact Mr CBB to see if you too can be featured so that I can find out who you are as well!
How would you respond if someone asked you what planting seeds meant to you?
Does it mean dropping seeds in the ground, or is there much more to creating new life?
“A sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up since they had no depth of soil, 6 but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away. 7 Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. 8 Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears,[a] let him hear.” – Matthew 13:3-9 (ESV)
Jesus’ parable of the sower illustrates well that we are to sow seeds everywhere. Many times these seeds may not survive. Just as your vegetable seeds may not all survive, especially when you are first getting started. As Christians, we are granted New Life by the death and resurrection of Christ our Lord, which we are celebrating today on Easter Sunday. However, to someone who does not know Christ and has not taken part in His food, then they have not received new life; much as a garden seed without proper seed preparation, nutrients and planting also shall not receive life. Starting a garden will be a time-consuming task, but it bears great rewards. As we celebrate Easter we should pray and reflect on whether we are planting spiritual seeds or not. The seeds we plant as Christians will bear much greater results than any earthly garden plant and we are called by Christ to be sowers of his word.
“And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.” – Mark 16:15
How then shall we prepare? We can see planting spiritual seeds are similar to garden seeds in that they are all planted differently according to each circumstance and individual. Each seed needs different attention.
- Whether small, large or hard-shelled soaking seeds prior to planting brings helps the new life to succeed..
- As specified by the Sprout People, “.”
- As Christian’s we also need to help soak our spiritual seeds in the word of God to help end their dormancy in the death brought about when sin entered the world…(different ways for different people.)
- Planting the small seeds is a very tender process. . do you know individuals that need that gentle spiritual seed?
- That tender process starts simply by placing small seeds on a coffee filter, towel, or paper soaked with water and topping with an additional coffee filter on top of the seeds and allow to soak in the water for about a day. There are other methods of soaking seeds which might work better for you.
- Planting the LARGER Hard SHELLED Seeds is a little rougher
- To help the seed soak in water better, Scratch the surface of the seed in one place with a small nail, file or small knife this will allow water into the seed to breathe new life into it.
- Much like the Hard Shelled seeds, many people have a little bit of a harder surface that needs to be ‘scratched’ to let the New Life in.
- Understanding the different approaches to plant spiritual seeds as a Christian is vital to reaching individuals with the proper nutrients and soil for people to germinate into their New Life.
Once you have soaked the seed, the tougher part begins. As our seeds will not grow without the proper environment and only wither and die, so will the spiritual seeds we plant as Christians. The seeds planted in Jesus’ when not provided proper depth to soils, spring up fast but wither just as quickly. In our relationships with others, we need more than just to sow our seeds, we need to prepare for rain and build relationships as well as sowing the spiritual seeds. We need to provide them with room to grow roots. Spiritual seeds rely on friends and communities surrounding them deepen rather than wither. If you only provide spiritual seeds but then put them in a culture of filth without the proper quantity of spiritual soil, they too will burn out in the culture of today. Check back next week for my article about .
How have you been planting spiritual seeds? Do you have other tips to preparing for your garden?